I really am excited about this project. I really, really am. But we are all so discouraged and tired of being out of our house. It is demoralizing. We were counting on 8 weeks, and we had living arrangements for 10. Now it's the end of 11, and unless everything miraculously comes together today, we'll be out another weekend. Monday is the kids' last day of summer. Sigh.
It seems like everything that is not essential to moving back in is complete. The carpenter shows up every day, so the porches are completely rebuilt. So are the basement stairs. But it's been tough work to get the utilities back. The plumber and HVAC guy and electrician are all pretty hard to pin down, and then it turns out one has to go after the other, blah blah blah. So maybe next Tuesday, or Thursday, or how about Friday afternoon?????
Anyway, here are a few pictures of what's been done lately:
Laclede Gas technician working on installing our new line from the street.
Carpentry work to replace some rotten wood.
Channel dug for new gas line. I thought I had a pic of the actual line, which is in now, but I don't see it.
Our old lamppost (scavenged by Osc from the City of St. Louis when they replaced gaslights with electric, then retrofitted to be electric) back up in the yard.
Basement staircase plus framed walls around it.
Some lovely ductwork.
Today we are waiting/hoping for Ameren to come and drop the line for our new electric service. We are supposedly on the schedule, and this is day 10 of the "7 to 10 day" quote, but let's just say I'll believe it when I see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment